Where she stops, nobody knows…
- Ideas for Thanksgiving turkey procurement from Wheaton Patch and WaPo.
- K Town Bistro is open in quaint downtown Kensington; Wheaton Gazette gives it a mixed review. K Town is open for Thanksgiving if your turkey procurement plan falls through!
- Also in the Gazette, Silver Sprung’s Highland Origin Coffee is adding Ethiopian food to its menu. Highland is across Fenton Street from longstanding Ethiopian restaurant Addis Ababa — that’s even more synergy (or competition, depending on your perspective) than Wheaton’s imminent Irish-Scottish pub faceoff. Article says 7.1 percent of the SS population is of Sub-Saharan descent: who knew? Still gotta try Dessie for Ethiopian, on University in Wheaton next to Nick’s Diner.
- Dungeness Crab season in California (sigh…).
- More mixed reviews: WaPo goes to Rockville for Super Bowl Noodle House.
Super Bowl Noodle House has no website; a Google search for “Super Bowl Noodle House” shows, as the first result, Joe’s Noodle House, several of whose fiery, fabulous dishes Mrs. Me will be bringing to me in a few hours (I am ready now!). A rare bad result for Google, but good for Joe’s.